17 August 2013

Moto X Moto Maker: How I Designed My Own Smartphone

“The Royal Blue looks tight.” “No, get the Crimson!” Those were some of the comments I heard from excited colleagues as I used Moto Maker, an online tool for designing your own version of the Moto X. Available exclusively to AT&T customers for now, you can choose from 18 back colors, 7 accent colors and 2 front colors. Then you can add an message on the back and choose from two case options before the phone is assembled in Texas and shipped to you in about four days.

Motorola invited members of the press to test Moto Maker so you could see what it’s like to personalize your own device. As it turns out, choosing among the many colors was easy and fun, but Moto Maker isn’t a fan of overly colorful language when it comes to inscriptions.
Step 1: Enter Your Code
AT&T shoppers who purchase their Moto X in the store and who would like to design their own phone will be given a card with a scratch-off code. When you get home, you’ll scratch off the PIN area on the back of the card you were provided. Next, enter the redemption pin in the appropriate box. You’ll also need to add the displayed words in the security box.

MORE: Top 8 ‘Made in the U.S.A.’ Gadgets
Step 2: Choose a Back Color
With six Cool colors, two Neutral colors and seven Warm colors from which to choose, Moto Maker offers plenty of variety so you can pick the right hue to suit your style. The white and black colors looked rather boring, so I gravitated towards the Royal Blue among the Cool colors. But then I started exploring the Warm colors, and I liked both the Lemon Lime option (reminding me a bit of the Lumia 1020) and the Crimson.

Ultimately, I went with Crimson because you just don’t see that color on the vast majority of handsets. I was a little hesitant when someone said that the color reminded them of the Washington Redskin and RGIII, knowing full well I’m a NY Giants fan, but I think I made the right call.



Please Give Us Your 1 Minute In Sharing This Post!
SOCIALIZE IT →
FOLLOW US →
SHARE IT →
Powered By: BloggerYard.Com

0 التعليقات:

Post a Comment

 
Please Click A Facebook "Like" Button